Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Roasted Potato Bites



These potatoes are delicious!  I'm always looking for new ways to serve potatoes since my youngest son is not a fan.  I find when I roast them, he tends to eat them, and who can resist a potato with all that added topping?


I washed sliced about 12 potatoes lengthwise.  I used a melon baller to take out most of the inside of the potato.  (Don't throw it away.  I boiled some water and added all the insides for a quick smashed potatoes for another day for lunch.)


Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil on both sides, then season with salt and pepper.  I also added an Italian seasoning to them that I love.  Mix them all with your hands so they are completely coated, and place in a preheated 425 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.


Take them out of the oven when they are golden brown.


In the meantime, mix 8 oz cream cheese (melted in the microwave about 30 seconds) with 6 tablespoons of sour cream, and 2-3 tablespoons of fresh chives.  I used kitchen shears to cut them right into the bowl.


Fill potatoes with cheese mixture and top with cooked bacon (I used Canadian bacon) and freshly grated cheddar cheese.  Thew were soooooo good!  Great as part of your meal or as an appetizer.


We had ours with steaks one night and turkey burgers the next!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment