Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lasagna Rolls

 

This is one of my favorite recipes from Giada De Laurentiis.  I know lasagna is a definite crowd pleaser, and this one does not disappoint!  I'm going to show you how easy it really is!  I took a lot of pictures this round so you will get a step by step for the whole recipe.

Start by preheating your oven to 450 degrees and greasing your 9 x 13 pan with nonstick spray or butter.


Boil lasagna noodles according to box and lay them out on sheet pans to cool.


Make a bechamel sauce by melting two tablespoons of butter and cooking four teaspoons of flour until it is cooked (about 3 minutes).  Add salt, pepper and nutmeg.  (I use fresh nutmeg...it is so much better!).



Mix ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese and egg in a mixing bowl until combined.


Add the chopped prosciutto to the mix.


The recipe called for frozen spinach, but I had fresh on hand and used that instead.  It gets added to the mix too.


Pour the bechamel sauce in the bottom of the dish.


Use a small scoop to put three piles of the cheese mix onto the noodles. 


There should be just enough filling for all 12 noodles.


Use a small spreader to spread the mixture onto the whole noodle.



Roll the noodles.


Place them seam side down into the bechamel sauce in the glass baking dish.


Add one cup of marinara to the rolls. 


I use homemade, but you can use what you like.  I have the homemade recipe on my blog with the meatball recipe.  Check it out...it is really easy!  You can keep it in a jar in the fridge or can it.  http://janiscooks.blogspot.com/2010/05/cherry-tomato-meatballs-spaghetti-with.html


Add a cup of mozzarella cheese and a couple tablespoons of parmesan cheese.  Cover and bake it in the oven for 20 minutes.

 

Let it set for 10 minutes. 


I used leftover hot dog buns from our cookout to make garlic bread.  I put about 1/2 a stick of butter, garlic and season all salt in a dish and spread it on the buns.  I put them in the hot oven for the 10 minutes we waited for the lasagna to set.


Dinner is served with a side salad and green beans.  Enjoy!

I didn't show it in the picture, but I serve it with a side car of marinara (one cup), so everyone can add it to their own lasagna roll.  It is truly a delicious meal!

Here is the recipe online:



No comments:

Post a Comment