Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Crusted Pork Medallions


We love pork tenderloin at our house.  So to find a new recipe for it that is so fast is a relief!  This meal was prepared in a matter of minutes!  I served the pork with corn on the cob, which I boiled, and lettuce from the garden.  (I had a few of the roasted potato bites left, so we each had one of those as well.)

I get my pork tenderloin at Costco. It comes with two packages (two in each package). I only used one package and put the other in the freezer. I also only used one of the tenderloin in the package, but will definitely use two next time since they were such a hit and all three of the boys in the house wanted more!


Cut the tenderloin into medallions and season with salt and pepper on both sides.


Coat each piece with egg mixture on both sides.  (I use egg whites, but you can use a couple of whisked eggs as well.)  Then coat in bread crumbs on both sides.  I used store bought Italian seasoned bread crumbs, but you can use whatever bread you have on hand and pulse in your food processor until the right consistency and add your own seasonings.


Saute in a skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, turning as they brown.  You can also bake them in the oven, but I found this to be the fastest way to get dinner on the table quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment