Friday, June 18, 2010

Fish Tacos


These delicious tacos are so easy to make, you will wonder why you never made them before!  I had never made fish tacos.  For some reason I thought it sounded like fish and taco did not go together.  I'm so glad I have decided to try it!  Here is what I did:

I had a package of catfish fillets from Costco in the fridge.  The recipe I was going by said to use some sort of white fish.  We love catfish and I figured it would hold together well in a taco.  I cut the fillets in strips using a pair of kitchen shears.  Then I halved those strips, coated them with salt and lemon pepper rub on both sides and put them  into a skillet with about two tablespoons of olive oil.  Cook on both sides and put onto a paper towel to collect any extra oil from the fish. 


Here are what my fish strips looked like when they were finished cooking.  You could easily do it on the grill too.  Yum.


For the tortillas, I simply place them on the burners of my gas stove to cook/brown them.  I use whole wheat tortillas, but you can use whatever your family likes.


Brown rice in the rice cooker is always easiest, but you can make it on the stove top as well.  I started this before the fish since the rice takes a good 20-25 minutes to cook.  I added some fresh lime juice and cilantro to it for added flavor.


Toppings:  chopped Roma tomatoes, fresh lettuce, fresh cilantro and a sour cream lime sauce.  The sauce was amazing.  Who knew that 1/4 C sour cream and 2 tablespoons of lime juice with added salt and pepper could make such a delicious sauce?  It was very refreshing.


Once it's all on the table, the family couldn't wait to dig in!  Everyone gets to make their own and add what they like to their fish taco.  I really enjoyed this meal.  Great as leftovers the next day too!


Here's mine loaded up.  It was SO good. 


Give it a try.  You may be surprised at just how easy it is to make this delicious meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment