Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wings and Overstuffed Broccoli Cheese Potatoes


This was my youngest son Marcus' request last night for dinner.  Well actually he wanted chicken legs, but if you cut up the wing you get those little drumsticks, so I figure that counts as a leg!  This was an easy dinner.  I have been a bit lazy since hubby was out of town for five days, so hopefully tonight I will get back into the swing of things! 

Here is what I did.  Cut the tips of the wings off with kitchen shears.  Cut between what is left of the wing at the joint.  This makes a straight piece and the little drumstick.  Line a cooking stone with parchment paper.  Coat the wings with olive oil and seasonings of your choice.  I used barbecue rub and a rosemary rub with salt and pepper too.  Coat on both sides!  Then bake in a 375 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes.

 

The potatoes were super easy!  If you have a microwave with a potato button, you don't even have to time it!  I washed the potatoes and poked holes in them so they wouldn't explode in the microwave.  Once they were fully cooked, I split them down the middle and added chopped broccoli and havarati cheese.  I then microwaved them until the cheese melted and sprinkled with salt and pepper.  We added sour cream too.  YUM.

 

You can always bake the potatoes in the oven.  I would start those first and then leave them in the oven when you add the chicken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment