Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pork Quesadillas


I was looking for something fast and had a leftover pork tenderloin in the refrigerator.  So this is what we did.  I say "we" because my husband grated the cheese for me and made a run to the store for this and another dish I prepared.  This is a miracle people!  Rafael does NOT cook.  :)  He is usually my food taster and demolisher of food I prepare, so it was nice to have him help me a bit.  

    

To start, I sliced a yellow onion and got it into the skillet to caramelize.   (It usually takes about 10-12 minutes.  Just watch it and stir from time to time.)

 

My hubby grated the cheddar and mozzarella cheese for me on a box grater.  This is what we had on hand, so this is what we used.  I'd say about two cups of each.



While he was grating, I took a couple of forks and pulled apart the pork.  This is about one pork tenderloin (maybe a little less).


I sprinkled the two cheeses onto a whole wheat tortilla (this is where the first run to the store occurred...we needed more tortillas).  Thank you honey!  I also seasoned it with chipolte rub.


Next I layered on the pulled pork chunks.  You could easily use chicken or beef, use what you have leftover in the refrigerator.


The onions came next, and then a second tortilla on top.


Then onto the grill press.


Polenta takes no time at all to cook and is what the kids ALWAYS ask for, so I always make it!  When I make it I put in 1 1/2 c milk, 1 1/2 c chicken broth, and 1 c of polenta.  Once it thickens you can season it however you like.  I used season-all salt, pepper and some leftover grated cheese.


As the quesadillas cook on the grill press, I take the cooked ones and put them on a sheet pan in the oven at 200 degrees so they stay warm.


Serve them with your favorite toppings.  We went for sour cream, salsa and guacamole!


Here is our spread with sweet corn and polenta.  Give it a try!!!



Dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment