Friday, May 21, 2010

Grilled Catfish with Fried Polenta and Peas


Fish is always easy and delicious.  I had planned to cook out on the grill last night, but the rain had other plans so I used my indoor grill pan.  This recipe took no time at all. 

I cooked cheesy polenta earlier in the week and had it in a plastic square container in the fridge.  You can shape the polenta simply by storing it in the refrigerator.  In the store you can buy pre-made polenta in a log shape (by the pasta usually).  I like fresh, so it's nice to enjoy it as a creamy dish one night, and a fried dish another night.  Whatever you put your leftover creamy polenta in, it will take on that shape.  Once you take it out of whatever container you put it in, cut it into slices. 

 
I sliced it into individual squares and put it on a lightly sprayed griddle pan to fry.  Meanwhile, I dried the fish with paper towel and squeezed the juice of half a lemon on the fish fillets.  I heated up a grill pan to medium high heat and seasoned the catfish with salt and lemon-pepper rub.


The fillets cooked about 5 minutes on each side until fish became opaque.


The polenta was ready to flip.  Notice the browning that happens when you fry it.  It gives it a whole new texture than the creamy polenta.  My boys always love polenta no matter how I cook it.  If you haven't tried it, go for it.  I buy the Bob's Red Mill brand from Stracks, but get what you can find.  I think they carry it at Meijer too.


Serve with steamed peas and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment