Thursday, May 6, 2010

Chicken Fajitas with Corn

 

Well, in honor of Cinco de Mayo, I made fajitas last night!  YUM.  (And no for the millionth time, Rafael is NOT Mexican.  Dominican, whole other country...got it?)    I absolutely LOVE fajitas.  Steak or chicken, with lots of filling, and I am smiling!  The easiest way to cook these is in your DCB.  I have been telling my friends to give it a whirl in the baker and they will not be disappointed...but have yet to hear from anyone.  I am expecting you with bakers to make this and comment!  :)  It is way to easy not to try.  Here is what you do:



Thinly slice two medium onions and two medium peppers.  I usually use a couple different colors.  It adds different flavor and looks good too. 



Place it all in the baker.  (The recipe calls for slicing up 2-3 garlic cloves, but I was out.  I used garlic infused canola oil over the veggies.  I would have preferred the garlic sliced!)


Coat four chicken breasts with chipolte rub (use about 2 tablespoons).  Be generous...this is where all your flavor is coming from!  Put the lid on and cook in the microwave for 15 minutes.  (Yes, I said microwave.  For those of you who don't have a DCB you can maybe try a casserole dish, but I don't know how it will come out.  The DCB is stoneware.)


Here is what it looks like when it comes out.  (I have no idea how to flip the picture, so turn your head!)



Chop the chicken up using your salad choppers right in the baker or you can cut them with a knife if you don't have the choppers.  I'm doing this recipe for my DCB peeps who have them on hand. 



Serve with warm tortillas (I use whole wheat and just microwave them in a damp paper towel) and toppings.  I also warmed up corn in the microwave.  I had planned to saute it in a skillet and add some pizzaz, but I was making other treats at the time and this was easier!  Side toppings include:  sour cream, salsa, guacamole and shredded cheddar cheese.  Use what your family likes.


My boys LOVE this meal.  They request it often.  It is so easy, I usually give in every time!  Marcus likes everything on it and Nicholas likes cheese and sour cream.  He did have to at least try it with the salsa.  As long as they try it, I'm happy. 


Fajitas with Corn....Easy and Delicious!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment