Friday, April 30, 2010

Baked Macaroni and Cheese


We've all been there.  You forgot to take something out of the freezer for dinner.  Now what?  Well, last night it was macaroni and cheese.  I went ahead and took everything out for dinner for the next few days so it can defrost and made pasta.  What kid can resist pasta? 

I could not remember where I got the last recipe I made...and it was delicious...so this was a hodgepodge of recipes and thrown into the oven.  The kids loved it, hubby loved it and I was fine with that!  Here is what I did:

Boil the pasta according to the directions on the box.  (I use whole wheat noodles.)  Mix 2 cups of milk and 2 cups of heavy cream with 1 cup of fontina cheese (freshly grated) and 1 cup of parmesan cheese (freshly grated).  Add salt and pepper and about 2 teaspoons of flour.  When the pasta is cooked, drain and add it to the milk/cheese mixture.  Place into a glass dish and sprinkle with another cup of each cheese.  I also love freshly grated nutmeg in this, but didn't include it this time around.  Into the oven for 15 minutes and there you go.  Fast mac and cheese. 

I do need to find that other recipe, though.  Although this was great...the other was AMAZING!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment