Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Chicken Cordon Bleu


So this is Day 1 of my personal blog. I thought this would be a good idea since I have been on other foodie blogs and loving all the recipes. I am also sure my facebook friends are tired of being forced to view pictures of my recipes I make.


I just got a convection microwave that I am excited to start using. I know nothing about them, so you will have to play along with me as I figure it out! :)


Last night I made Chicken Cordon Bleu in it as well as Roasted Asparagus. It was delicious!


 Recipe for the Chicken
4 chicken breasts pounded flat with meat tenderizer
Buttermilk in a dish
Italian bread crumbs in a dish
Salt and pepper the chicken. 
Add one slice of proscuitto and sliced cheese (I used munster). 
Sprinkle with paprika.
Roll up and close with two toothpicks.
Coat with buttermilk and then the bread crumbs.
Add chicken to glass casserole dish sprayed with Pam. 
Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes. 
*Check chicken with meat thermometer to be sure it is cooked through.
Recipe for Mashed Potatoes
Peel and chop potatoes, and place into boiling water. 
Cook until tender. 
Drain and add buttermilk, butter, sour cream and fresh chives.
Salt and pepper to taste.
*You dont' have to have exact portions.  Just thow stuff in and see what tastes good!  You can always add pamesan cheese on top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment