Sunday, May 15, 2011

Strawberry Cupcakes


On my last trip to Costco I got a huge container of strawberries.  They looked delicious and I couldn't resist!  I don't think I have ever made strawberry cupcakes, so I figured now is the perfect time to try.  

I used my Martha Stewart Cupcakes cookbook for the recipe for the cupcakes, and for the frosting I used a quick vanilla buttercream frosting recipe that I printed out ages ago by Gale Gand.  I just added strawberry preserves to it to make the frosting pink and taste like strawberries.


My favorite way to fill the cupcake liners is to use a large scoop.  It scoops an even amount into each cup, allowing them to bake evenly.  Cool them on a cooling rack.

For the complete recipe go to:
http://www.marthastewart.com/338183/strawberry-cupcakes-with-strawberry-butt

For my favorite frosting recipe go to:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/gale-gand/quick-vanilla-buttercream-frosting-recipe/index.html
add strawberry preserves to it.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment