Sunday, May 15, 2011

Croque Madame Sandwiches


This recipe came from the Everyday Food Magazine.  I love that little recipe book!  I need to subscribe already!  Anyway, It is delicious and easy.  You have to try it!  Here is where you find it: http://www.marthastewart.com/349728/croque-madame-sandwiches.


In the book he left the sandwich bread square, but I thought it would look a little nicer for the Mother's Day Breakfast table if I cut them into circles.  So I used my large biscuit cutter to do just that. 


I cut the ham in the same way.


Add some thinly sliced Gruyere cheese and we are in business!  This is one of my most favorite cheeses!!  Yummy on just about everything and melts heavenly.


You butter the outside of the breads like you do for a grilled cheese sandwich.  I did these a day ahead since we were having them for breakfast the next day.  Put them on a sheet pan, covered them with press n seal, and into the fridge.



It gets baked in a 350 degree oven for ten minutes.  Flipped after five minutes and top it with a gooey fried egg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment