Saturday, May 28, 2011

Margarita Cookies for Bunco


I hosted Bunco this month...or Drunko Bunco as many women call it today.  It was a Mexican theme with taquitos, rice and beans, chicken fajitas, pork tacos, guacamole, fresh salsa, taco dip, fried plantains, veggies, margarita cupcakes, homemade twix & nutella bars and these super cute cookies.  Okay, even as I type it I know I over did it!  But I would do nothing less for the Bunco gals.  I love hanging out and rolling dice...the drinking parts not so bad either!  Margaritas, of course.

Anyway, I made some other cookies too.


It is Bunco after all, so dice are a must!  Okay, for my over achieving mind it is a must.  They were cute though and easy to make.


I especially like the limes on the rim of the glass.


And the "salt" on the rim.  I know you are wondering, "how many pictures did she take?"  Well, I can take lots of pictures of cookies.  I have turned into a cookie monster of sorts.  Obsessed with cookie cutters and thinking of the next cookie I can create.  I know...it's a sickness.  lol


One more for the road!  :)  You knew I would!

In case you are wondering, Jen Batey won Bunco.  She basically kicked our asses!  She won bunco and had most buncos too! 

Congrats Jen!  Have a Margarita on me!  :)

To see more cookies and baked goods go to www.JanisBakes.com

5 comments:

  1. I love these cookies. Absolutely adorable!Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked them. They were delicious. And I think they turned out great. Just what I wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janis-These look amazing!!! Could you share your frosting recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually sell my cookies now and have a blog: www.janisbakes.com. I use royal icing to make my cookie. :) Thanks for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog site is awesome! Thanks again for sharing! Do you ever flavor your royal icing or do you just leave it plain? Again...what a talent you have!

    ReplyDelete