Sunday, May 15, 2011

Potato and Bacon Cake


This picture does NOT do this justice.  I must say this is an excellent side dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner!  I had it at the breakfast table and cut it into pie slices.  It's very YUMMY!  Here is where to find it:  http://www.marthastewart.com/349632/potato-and-bacon-cake.


First cook 3/4 of a pound of bacon into pieces.  YES, I used real bacon...I know, don't faint.


Peel and cube potatoes and boil them.  Then take them in batches and fry them in a skillet.


Layer first 1/3 of potato mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish and top with 1/3 of crumbled bacon. 


Drizzle with some of the bacon fat.


Continue with all 3 layers.  I put it in the fridge to bake the following morning for breakfast, but you could bake it at this point.  Set oven at 450 and bake for one hour (covered).  Then uncover and bake another 30 minutes.  Let cool 15 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment