These were so delicious! And very easy to make! Here is what you do:
- Beat a few eggs and added some milk to them and set that aside.
- Hull your strawberries and use an egg slicer to slice them into thin pieces.
- Using a paring knife, cut a pocket into a thick slice of texas toast. Add as many strawberries as you can to fill the pocket. Be careful not to poke a hole through the bread.
- Dip the bread into the egg/milk mixture and cook on a griddle as you would with regular french toast. Do these in batches and put cooked ones in a 200 degree oven to keep warm.
- Top with freshly sliced strawberries and maple syrup!