Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Chocolate Chip Crumb Cake Muffins


I just love a breakfast food that has chocolate in it!  I will admit it.  These muffins are light and so yummy.  I got the recipe from Gale Gand's "Brunch!" cookbook.  I actually got my entire Mother's Day brunch menu from this book!  It was hard to narrow it down too!  

This muffin is supper easy and a delicious treat later in the day.  I through one in each of my boys lunch boxes the other day and you'd think they hit the lotto!  lol.  They were a winner in our house and I'm sure your family and friends will love them too.  Here is the recipe:

Topping 
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips

Muffins
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick of butter
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup sour cream

Heat oven to 375.  Line muffin pans with liners (24).  For the topping, use a mixer and combine the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon.  Mix low.  Add butter and mix until crumbly.  Add chocolate chips.

For the muffins, sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.  In mixer bowl, beat the butter on medium until fluffy.  Add sugar and mix well.  Add eggs, vanilla and 1/3 of the sour cream and 1/3 of the dry ingredients.  Repeat until all ingredients are mixed.  Scoop into muffin cups.  Spoon topping on top and bake for 20-25 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment