Monday, May 7, 2012

Chicken Cordon Bleu with Roasted Brusssel Sprouts and Oven Fries


I love that you can make chicken breast 3 times in a week and it can taste totally different each time.  Tonight I went with an old favorite:  Chicken Cordon Bleu.  That is just fancy talk for chicken with ham and cheese rolled inside, you know.  It's supper easy too.

Pound out the chicken with a meat tenderizer, add seasoning (I used salt, pepper, and paprika), one large slice of ham, freshly grated cheese of your choice (I used smoked provolone), roll it up, dip it in egg whites, and roll in breadcrumbs.  Bake in a 425 degree oven for about 35 minutes.


Oh, and I sprayed them with olive oil to make them brown a little in the oven.  Yummy.


I also roasted brussel sprouts and oven fries the last 15-20 minutes.  Just drizzle with olive oil and then add salt and pepper.  When they come out grate fresh Parmesan cheese over the top!


Serve with a side salad and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment