Sunday, October 24, 2010

Classic Garlic Hasselback Potatoes


I've never made potatoes like this before, and I can't wait to try all the variations.  I found this recipe on blogs.babble.com and picked one of the many variations she had listed.  She did give credit to the original poster on that blog, and I'm sure if you do a google search you will come up with more variations or just make one up for yourself.  To find the recipe I worked from, click here:  http://blogs.babble.com/family-kitchen/2010/10/19/sweet-potato-hasselback-potato-recipe/.


I thought using the chopsticks to make sure you don't cut all the way through the potato was genius!  It made it easy for me to concentrate on cutting the potato, instead of having to worry if I was cutting to deep.  


Thinly slice the garlic and place it into the slits in the potato.  I used this garlic slicer, but you can cut it with a paring knife as well.


 Put the garlic into the potato and drizzle with olive oil.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.


Bake in a 425 degree oven for 30-45 minutes.  (I think 45 is the best number, or more if they are still not cooked through.)


Here are your finished potatoes.  I cannot wait to try the Proscuitto and Parmesean and the sweet potato drizzled with maple syrup.  Go for it!

I'm thinking these would also turn out great in the crockpot!




No comments:

Post a Comment