Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Shrimp in Saffron Broth and Couscous with Golden Raisins


Are you ready to try something new?  This is a great dish to try.  I am working my way through my Martha Stewart Dinner at Home cookbook.  My whole family enjoyed this dish (kids included).  Lets just get right to it!


Chop two cups fennel bulb and one cup carrots.  Heat a saute pan and add 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil, add the chopped veggies and 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads.  I got mine at Trader Joe's.  Cook for about 4 minutes. 

Season 1 1/2 pounds of peeled and deveined shrimp (about 21-25 count).  Add them to the pan and cook for one minute, then turn them over.  Add 1/2 cup dry white wine and 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock.

On another burner cook Israeli couscous.  Add golden raisins, salt, pepper and a tablespoon of unsalted butter.


Serve shrimp, veggies and broth over the couscous.


Enjoy!!

You can find the recipe's here:  www.marthastewart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment