Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Country French Omelet


If you are looking for a delicious and flavorful omelet, look no further.  My boys wanted a quick bagel and smoothie for breakfast, but I wanted more.  I looked to my favorite cook to find a recipe for my husband and myself.  I had marked this omelet as something I wanted to make, but hadn't gotten to it yet.  I had all the ingredients (with a minor substitution), so I began cooking.


Heat olive oil in a ten inch ovenproof pan over medium heat.  Add bacon (I used prosciutto) for 3-5 minutes and remove with a slotted spoon.


Chop one cup of potatoes.  The recipe called for Yukon Gold, but I had Idaho that is what I used.


Place in the heated pan and season with salt and pepper.  Cook for 8-10 minutes. When browned, remove with a slotted spoon. 


Whisk eggs, milk, and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.  Pour out oil from pan and discard.  Turn the heat down and add 1 tablespoon of butter.  Pour egg mixture into pan.  


Add the cooked potatoes, prosciutto and fresh chives.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 8 minutes. 


Fresh out of the oven.


Is your mouth watering yet because it should be!


We enjoyed ours with fresh coffee brewed with cinnamon and whole wheat toast.


The kids wanted smoothies, so I added them to our breakfast too.  I'll post that later!

I did find the omelet recipe on line.  Click this link to get it in detail: Ina's Country French Omelet

No comments:

Post a Comment