Monday, August 23, 2010

Grilled Pork Paillards with Pasta Verde and Fresh Tomatoes


Flipping through the Martha Stewart Dinner at Home cookbook, this immediately caught my eye.  So, on my trip to Costco I got a stack of pork chops and started the recipe.  Here is what you need to get started.

 

Cut the fat off of the pork chops and pound out the meat to 1/4 inch thick.


Once they are flattened, mix balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.


To get started on the dressing for the pasta, you add mustard, white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. 

Cook pasta according to package directions, strain and add back to stock pot.

In the meantime, heat a pan with two tablespoons olive oil and then add onions.

Slice zucchini and wash snap peas to add to the onions.

Chop fresh spinach and scallions.

Add the zucchini and cook for three minutes, then add snap peas and cook for two more minutes.
Add the spinach and scallions.


Combine with pasta and season to taste.  I also added Parmesan cheese.

Heat the grill to medium.  (Betty, I took a picture of how hot Medium is on my grill.  WOW.  I lowered it a bit when I put them on the grill till it got to 500.)

Take pork out of the refrigerator and pat with a paper towel.

Cook on the grill for 1-2 minutes per side.
 Here are the grilled pork paillards.

Slice cherry tomatoes in half.


Give it a try.  Here is the link for the pork:  Grilled Pork Paillards 
The link for Pasta Verde is at:  Pasta Verde


No comments:

Post a Comment