Thursday, July 22, 2010

Three-Bean Salad


This is the fastest side dish to make and the flavors are delicious!  I found a two-bean salad recipe when looking for recipes for what to do with all of the green beans growing in the garden.  It called for one pound of green beans and a can of cannellini beans.  I only had kidney beans, and I'm growing yellow and green beans in the garden, so I gave those a try.  So delicious I have never made the original recipe!  Here is what I did:


Start a large pot of water to boil the beans in.  Wash and cut the stem end off of the beans.  I just snapped them off the ends, but you can cut them with a knife if you want to.  The recipe also says to cut them into 1-inch pieces, but I like them left whole.  Boil the the beans for 4 minutes and drain in a colander.

Mince 1/2 cup of red onion.  (Mincing just means finely chop.)


Whisk together 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper.  I used about 1/2 tsp of each.  Set aside.  Drain canned beans and rinse with water. 

Add warm beans, kidney (or cannelini) beans, and red onion to dressing in bowl.  Season with salt and pepper.  Serve with freshly grated Parmesan if desired.  (I always forget the Parmesan and it's still great!)

 

Try it, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment