Monday, July 26, 2010

Fudgy Chocolate Brownies


These gooey brownies are scrumptious!  Dense, fudgy, and gooey would describe my dream brownie.  And this recipe delivers!!!!  I found it in my Martha Stewart Baking Handbook.  I am not a fan of cake-like brownies.  If I wanted cake, I'd bake one.  I like my brownies nice and gooey and chocolatey...the more the better.  I found my new favorite brownie recipe!

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Butter a square pan and line it with parchment.


I love any recipe where you mix all the ingredients into one bowl.  I started by melting the 8 oz of chocolate and butter in a glass bowl in the microwave.  I know it says to do a double boiler, but once you know how to melt it without burning it in the microwave it is so much easier!!  I usually put the bowl in for 1 minute on 50% power, take it out and stir, then do 30 second increments until it is totally melted.  

I also added all of the ingredients one at a time to the mixture (no I didn't sift, no I didn't whisk the eggs before I put them in).  I was in a hurry to watch a movie with the boys, so I did it as fast as possible.  It went into the oven for 45 minutes.


We were so ready for brownies, I didn't take a pic till we had eaten almost half of it!  That means YUM!


The recipe says the best way to store these is to put them on parchment cut outs so that they don't all stick together.  So I lined them up and then cut between each brownie.


Line them up in an airtight container.  I used a Snapware container.


If you like a gooey brownie, you HAVE to make these! 

Click here for the recipe:  Fudgy Chocolate Brownies

Order the Pampered Chef Square Brownie Pan at www.pamperedchef.biz/janisnunez

No comments:

Post a Comment