Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Arroz con Pollo


Arroz con Pollo (chicken with rice) is a dish I truly miss from living in South Florida.  I cannot tell you the number of times I have asked my husband to call his mother so that I can make her personal recipe.  The problem with this is...I get a different recipe every time.  So, I decided to give the Goya recipe a try. 

Here is where you will find it:  Goya's Arroz con Pollo


The recipe called for 8 chicken pieces, but this is what I had on hand and used.


Here is the seasoning you use for it.  (I took a picture in case you have never attempted this and are clueless as to what you are looking for.)


Brown the chicken in batches in a large pot.


Set them aside and start the sauce.


Stir onions, peppers and garlic into pot; cook until soft, about 5 minutes.


Add rice, bouillon and sazón to pot; cook, stirring constantly, until rice is completely coated in oil mixture, about 1 minute.


Stir in 3 cups water; bring to a boil. Add alcaparrado and chicken to pot. Cover pot, reduce heat to low and simmer until water is absorbed, rice is tender and chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.


Take the meat off the bone and add it to the yellow rice.


Stir together and serve with your favorite side.


We like it with fried plantain chips (see recipe on this site).

No comments:

Post a Comment