This recipe is extremely easy and very delicious! Give it a try for a different kind of pancake! You will love it. The blueberry sauce is amazing.
So as I am checking the facebook home page I see this recipe for a Puff Pancake from the Taste of Home. I have thought about making one before, but just never have tried it. I looked at the ingredients, had it all on hand, and decided it was a perfect day for a Puff Pancake! The kids were still asleep, which is rare, so by the time I finished, they were up and ready to eat. VERY EASY recipe!
Set the oven for 425 degrees. Once it preheats put your pie plate with 2 tablespoons of butter into the oven for 5 minutes. For the pancake you simply mix all the ingredients together. By the time you do that, your butter has melted and you pour it into the pie plate to bake for 20 minutes.
Stir in the blueberries and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and let it thicken. That is it! Oh, add your vanilla after it comes off the heat.
Here is what your pancake will look like out of the oven. (It looks like a giant bowl!)
Serve with blueberry sauce. I am telling you, this is super easy and SO DELICIOUS.
This was gone in no time!
Is your mouth watering yet? Just make it. It's easy!
Taste tester approved. :)
Puff Pancake with Blueberry Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate; place in a 425° oven for 4-5 minutes or until melted. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk. In another small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon; whisk in egg mixture until smooth. Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until sides are crisp and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in orange juice until smooth. Stir in blueberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve with pancake. Yield: 4 servings.
Recipe from THE TASTE OF HOME: Puff Pancake with Blueberry Sauce