Thursday, December 23, 2010

White Russian Cake


I thought the perfect birthday cake for George would be a White Russian cake.  There is always Kahula at my parents house and ever since I can remember my step dad, George, has made White Russians.  YUMMY ones!


Here is what I did:


Bake your favorite white or yellow cake.  I chose white since the title says it all "WHITE Russian."  Instead of using vanilla, you can use kahula or vodka.


I love homemade butter cream frosting.  You can add whatever flavor to it and it will taste delicious.


 I added both vodka and Kahlua!


I also brushed the cakes with both vodka and kahula before putting on the layers.


You can add as much alcohol as you like.  It keeps the cake moist and adds a little more YUM.


I know what you are thinking:  "you gave alcohol to your kids?"  No, they got their own cakes.  Any alcohol you put into the batter burns off in the oven.  When I cut the tops of the layers off of the cakes to make them level, I used biscuit cutters to make small layer cakes for the kids.  I also made frosting WITHOUT alcohol to frost them.  So no worries people.


I even frosted theirs cute and put them on little appetizer plates.  Cute, huh?


They enjoyed them, and we enjoyed the White Russian Cake.  YUM!

2 comments: