Thursday, September 2, 2010

Omelet for Two


Let me start by saying I love weekend breakfasts with the family.  We sit and take our time and talk about what we are going to do that day.  However, sometimes the kids are in a hurry to get outside and play, and my husband and I can enjoy a nice quiet breakfast together.  I love those days too!

This recipe came from Ina Garten.  I do love every cookbook that I have of hers.  And I do have EVERY COOKBOOK.  Even one with her signature!  I know whatever I make will be good!  This recipe can also be found online at:  www.foodnetwork.com


I chopped four slices of Canadian bacon.  The recipe called for regular bacon, but I don't buy it and just substituted with this.  Use what you like.


Brown the bacon in a skillet for about 5 minutes and set aside.


Saute onion and potato in an oven safe skillet for 10-15 minutes.


In the meantime scramble the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl.  Add scallions and cubed cheese.


Put bacon back into the skillet with the potatoes.


Add egg mixture to potato and bacon.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.


Cut into four pieces and enjoy!


I didn't have the cheddar cheese, so I used colby jack and it was delicious!


Serve with whole wheat toast.

I couldn't resist adding that my husband made us all lunch that day, since I was getting some business work done around that time.  He made us mini roast beef sandwiches:


What a sweetie!  : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment