Thursday, April 21, 2011

Chocolate Bunnies


I have always wanted to make the boys chocolate bunnies for Easter.  Last year I waited to long and didn't get the molds.  This year I ordered on time, but didn't read the fine print.  They are much smaller than I thought they would be, but they are so darn cute I don't mind.  This is actually two pieces put together and I added jelly beans to the little "basket" by the bunny.  You could fill it with anything you like.  


The kind of chocolate that you use to make the molds should be something you will enjoy eating.  Once I made a chocolate sucker with semi-sweet chocolate and about gagged.  TOO SWEET.  I like to use Ghiradeli chocolate when I bake.  The yellow bag is okay, but Ghiradeli has amazing flavor and melts so much better.  So here I have melted Ghiradeli Milk Chocolate chips.  If I made these for me I would use Bittersweet.  


Here is the mold I ordered online.  I used Amazon.


Once the chocolate is hardened, I melted a little bit of bittersweet chocolate and used it to "glue" the bunny to the base.


Add a little melted chocoalte and then hold the bunny in place till it stands on it's own.


Two cute bunnies!  I hope the boys love them.  I think they turned out adorable.


One more picture...without jelly beans.  :)


And WITH jelly belly beans!  My boys love Jelly Belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment