Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Birthday Pint of Guinness!


I had a plan to make a pint glass of Guinness cake for my birthday for quite awhile now.  When I was looking up Guinness recipes for St. Patrick's Day I found a website that used a cone pan for pint glass cupcakes.  Too cute!  So, I ordered my pan and my birthday passed, and my pan was still in the mail.  I'm glad it finally made it for St. Patrick's Day.  I frosted the adult cakes with Baileys buttercream frosting and did the kids with regular buttercream.

The best recipe for the cupcakes I found was on Annie's Eats food blog.  I made the Irish Car Bomb cupcakes last year, and they were fantastic!  You can check my blog for the cupcake recipe (same one I used here).


Melt the butter.


Add Guinness and cocoa powder.


Heat and whisk until combined.


Whisk eggs and sour cream.  Add cocoa mixture and this cream mixture to the mixer bowl filled with the dry ingredients.


Use parchment to get rid of the cone appearance on the mold, and add your batter.  I used 3 large scoops to fill them evenly.


I can't wait to use this pan and make the cone cupcakes and put a scoop of ice cream on top of them for one of the kids birthdays!


Would you like a pint?


 

I made cupcakes for the boys too!  You can't go wrong with Shamrock sprinkles.  :)  Hope you had a great St. Patty's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Looking forward to making some! Are you going to post the Irish Soda Bread mix-o-recipes recipe?

    ReplyDelete