Monday, March 21, 2011

Marcus' Recipe: Peanut Butter and Chocolate Sandwich


This is my 6 year old Marcus.  He is in morning kindergarten, which ends at 11:30am, and when we get home he is ready for lunch.  Every day after school Marcus gets out what he wants on his sandwich and sets it on the counter for me to prepare.  Most days PB&J rules, but once in awhile he will switch it up.  Today he came home and told me he had a recipe that he thought of and wanted to try it out.  On the counter I found these ingredients:


I am a huge fan of Nutella (hazelnut spread with cocoa!).  I can simply eat it out of the jar and do sometimes, but I've made cookies with it, crepes, spread it on toast...I could go on really.  Never though, have I thought of it with peanut butter.  Sounds like a recees cup for lunch, but healthy!  :)

Here are the directions he gave me:

‎"So, first we need two pieces of bread. Get a knife and spread the chocolate onto one of the bread. Get a spoon out and stir up the peanut butter, then get your knife and spread it on the other piece of the bread. Next, you put the bread together. Then your done."
He was very happy with his recipe.  I think  will start a little section on my blog for his recipes as they come about.  Should be interesting.  :)

Enjoy Nutella!  If you haven't tried it, you are missing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment