Saturday, July 30, 2011

Oven-fried Zucchini Chips


If you have a garden or a neighbor giving you zucchini, you probably are wondering what to do with all of it!  You can make breads, zucchini cakes, throw them in omelets, grill them, stuff them and bake them.  I ran across this recipe online the other day and thought.  Why didn't I think of doing this? 

It is so easy too!  I found the idea here:  Oven-fried Zucchini Chips.  It is a new blog to me and I always love discovering a new blog!  You can see I adapted to my own liking and did without the dipping sauce, only because I was soooo hungry.  I plan to try the Basil Dipping Sauce next time!  I am also going to try to skillet fry them next time with just a bit of olive oil and butter.  I will let you know how they turn out.


I used a mandoline to cut these uniform.  


I put salt and pepper on all of the slices, dipped them in milk, and then into the bread crumbs.  You can make fresh breadcrumbs or use store bought.  I used italian style store bought this time around.


Line them up and bake in a 425 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes.  They come out super yummy and crispy.  Her recipe has parmesan cheese & onion powder which sound amazing, but I was lazy, so this worked for me.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment