Monday, July 11, 2011

Homemade Macaroni and Cheese


My son Marcus asks me to make macaroni and cheese almost daily.  There is no way I will EVER make that neon boxed macaroni and cheese.  So...many times I will boil noodles, drain them, add some butter, and grate fresh cheese over the top.  I realize this isn't the macaroni and cheese he was hoping for, but it works for him and holds him over. 

I decided it was time to give the boy what he was really wanting.  I found this recipe that is super easy and delicious from Everyday Food's Great Food Fast cookbook.  It is really a great cookbook with healthy, easy meals.  I love it and go to it often.


Once you make the macaroni and cheese you can put it into a large casserole dish or into ramekins for individual servings.  


Top with breadcrumb/cheese mixture and bake in the oven at 375. A casserole takes 30 minutes and my boys were hungry so I used ramekins and cut the time to 15-20 minutes.


Enjoy!  This is a family favorite over here!

You can find the recipe at :  Macaroni and Cheese

 


No comments:

Post a Comment