Friday, July 29, 2011

Jumbo Cupcakes

 

I absolutely LOVE a good cupcake.  I had a rush order for JUMBO cupcakes yesterday.  Can you believe I didn't have a jumbo cupcake pan?  (I know, right?)  ME...without the perfect pan?  So I did what anyone would do in my situation.  I ran to the store and bought two!

While at the store I found the cutest cupcake boxes ever!  I grabbed enough for the order (plus a couple extra) and ran home to bake the cupcakes in my new jumbo pans!  How much more cake is in a JUMBO cupcake you ask?  A lot!  I usually scoop 1 full large scoop into each cupcake liner for standard cupcakes.  These took a generous three!  I can't wait to make JUMBO muffins in these pans!  And coffee cake....and stuffed cupcakes...and maybe zucchini breads?


I topped white cupcakes with chocolate butter cream frosting and white sugar pearls.  I topped the chocolate cupcakes with white butter cream frosting and mini chocolate chips.  Of course I set aside a couple for my family taste testers.  Needless to say, there were no complaints.  

Here is the link to the boxes that I bought at Michael's craft store by Duff:   Treat boxes




2 comments:

  1. hi what brand of jumbo cupcake pans did you get? And what were the dimensions..i've been stuggling with this so much, i ordered some pans online and they were horrible..the top diameter was 3 inches and so was the bottom...so they looked like small cakes not cupcakes.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the ones at Michael's. They only had one kind of jumbo pans there.

    ReplyDelete