Sunday, January 22, 2012

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls



My son Nicholas has been asking me to make cinnamon rolls since this summer!  I am not a fan of cinnamon rolls.  I'd rather have a bagel, scone, muffin, anything else really.  I just have never been a fan.  BUT I decided to go ahead and give the boy the gift of cinnamon rolls.  He doesn't like to bake with me as much as he did when he was younger so I figured that it would be great for us to bake these.

Keep in mind that anytime you make bread, rolls, etc there is a LONG wait time for the dough to rise.  I usually make dough the night before and let it rise over night when I am going to bake bread.  For these rolls we got up early and didn't get to have breakfast till about 11:00am, which is extremely late in our household!  Especially since my boys are up at 6-7:00am!

The boys were happy, and they were delicious, just be prepared for waiting!  


They come out of the oven perfect!  You just need to drizzle all of your icing over the top and serve!


You can find the recipe we used at King Arthur's Flour.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum! I have been craving them since summer too! But I can't make a whole batch for just me! Or I'd eat them ALL!

    ReplyDelete