Thursday, August 19, 2010

Chicken on the Grill


I love chicken on the grill, especially my new grill that I won by leaving a comment on one of my favorite blogs.  (I will never get tired of saying that!)  Anyway, I had a whole chicken in the refrigerator and simply cut it in half and grilled it.  

To do this you want to cut the backbone out and then cut right down the middle of the breast bone.  If you have a good pair of kitchen shears it takes just a minute.  (If you don't, I know where you can get a pair! *wink*)

Set the gas grill to medium and season your chicken on both sides very generously both outside and under the skin.  I used olive oil, rosemary seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper.  Use what you like. 


Then when the grill is ready, put them on the grill.  I also cut up potato "fries" and put them on the grill as well (same seasoning).

   

Let them cook for 25-30 minutes total.  Check on them half way through.  Use a meat thermometer to be sure the chicken is fully cooked.  Let them set for 5-10 minutes to redistribute the juices.  Enjoy!  Grilling chicken is really very easy.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment