Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Grilled Salmon with Quionoa Salad and Hericot Verts


I love salmon!  My family does too.  It's really easy to cook and it tastes delicious.  This meal was made quickly and made everyone happy.  Those of you asking how I get my 5 and 9 year olds to eat all of these foods....they have no choice.  I follow the eat it or eat nothing and if you stick to it, it actually works.  They may refuse a day or two, but once they know the drill, then they just eat their dinner.  Yes, it is easily said, but I'm telling you, if you do it, it works.

Back to the meal!  For the salmon, I heat my indoor grill pan to a medium heat.  I don't add oil to the pan since it is an oily fish.  I seasoned the fish with a dill seasoning, salt and pepper. 



I usually start the fish skin side down, but the kids distracted me and I did flesh side first.  It's fine either way.  Once the skin side cooks, you pull off the skin and then can flip it back to get grill marks on both sides of the fish.


Five minutes per side is all it takes to cook the salmon completely through.


This is great served with green beans or another green veggie.  (We had these leftover from the other night, so I just reheated them in the microwave.)


Another favorite dish which I have posted on this blog since I started is the Quinoa Black Bean Salad.  My kids always request it and it is delicious either hot or cold.  This time I attempted adding red pepper flakes (just a pinch) and they didn't even notice.


It usually has cherry tomatoes sliced in it, but I used them up with my stuffed meatballs over the weekend, so I used sundried tomatoes.  (Check out that recipe!  It's super yummy too.) 

 

You can also grill the salmon on the outdoor grill, as well as the green beans.  I love grilled green beans.  If you have never tried it, you are missing out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment